B2B manufacturing and service organizations frequently find a lack of systems and processes and poor cash management to be impediments to their growth and profitability.
My work with clients to successfully meet these challenges focuses on helping them with:
- Financial Controls
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- IT & Systems Planning
- Management Reporting
- Internal Controls
I am experienced in operations and general management, as well as having an extensive track record as a CFO in manufacturing, service and healthcare organizations – including as the CFO for one of the largest multidiscipline provider groups in Florida -- consisting of 89 providers and 54 locations with its own IPA and Captive Insurance Company. I have led or personally delivered the following:
- Increased management reporting that resulted in increased product gross margins of over $1 million as vice president of finance for Crown Marketing Group, Inc.
- Directed accounting system conversion from a PC-based, small business application to JBA, an integrated mainframe solution, which standardized and created more meaningful management reporting; and developed and implemented a PC-based product costing system that allowed the company to facilitate just-in-time delivery for major customers while holding margins as chief financial officer for Drake Extrusion, Inc.
- Renegotiated outstanding loans and reduced borrowing costs by 10 percent as Vice President and chief financial officer for Melitta North America.
- Instituted and managed strict financial controls for all areas, improving the company’s negotiation position for credit line rates and reducing debt service by one-third as corporate controller for KBN Engineering and Applied Sciences, Inc.
- Part of the financial team at Linde Homecare (now Lincare) that made and consolidated 63 acquisitions over a short period of time
My specialties are:
- Company Sales & Exit Strategies
- Financial Leadership
- Sell-Side Due Diligence
- Vendor Negotiation
I founded the Florida CFO Group with two other partners in 2010. I have over thirty years of experience in finance, accounting, operations and general management working with companies in the manufacturing and service organization sectors.
Professional experience: Mergers & Acquisitions, Accounting, Budgets, Management, Due Diligence, Strategic Planning, Leadership, Financial Modeling, Financial Reporting, Strategic Partnerships, Start-ups, Mergers, Forecasting, Treasury Management.