Owners of established businesses and start-ups benefit from experienced financial leadership to develop strategies, plans, processes and the human factors that drive successful performance.
I work with start-ups and established businesses to tackle their financial challenges as a fractional CFO. I helped to raise $8,000,000 of private equity for a startup named by The Tech Tribune as one (number five) of the very best tech startups in Orlando in 2019.
My work with clients to successfully meet their challenges focuses on helping them with:
- Strategic Planning and Execution
- Financial Performance Improvement
- Finance and Accounting Staff Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Coaching and Mentoring
I am experienced with a wide range of organizational challenges and am particularly familiar with operations at large technology and media companies, non-profits and internet startups. I enjoy working with business owners and managers to drive sustainable growth, build teams and create value. As a financial executive, I am:
- Masterful at driving growth the right way - creating sustainable financial outcomes while building customer loyalty and employee engagement
- Skilled at the basics - accounting, budgeting, billing, collections, ERP & BI systems implementation, financial planning & analysis, internal controls, supply chain, and treasury
- Adept at the important extras - leadership, strategic planning, M&A, change management, project management, mentoring and team building
As a senior level executive, I have led or personally delivered:
- Early in my career, I was statistically ranked in the top ten percent of the Burroughs Corporation’s controllers and led the integration of systems and processes for a billion-dollar customer service division formed by Burroughs merging with Sperry to form Unisys.
- As a VP of finance for Time Warner Cable, I integrated acquisitions to create new operating divisions in Ohio and South Carolina. I then provided financial leadership from the company’s billion-dollar Tampa Bay division where I established KPIs, oversaw an ERP implementation and managed large facility construction projects.
- As the lead financial executive for Bright House’s two-billion-dollar Florida group, I led the financial modeling process that guided the company's successful competitive strategies. I also led a cross-functional team to establish the new company's metrics to create a focus on building customer loyalty.
- I also helped negotiate a debt refinancing for a telecom company that improved its debt service ratio from 1.0 to over 3.0.
- I restored financial stability for two financially-distressed mid-sized non-profits – first as a board member in Ohio and later as a CFO in Florida.
I joined the Florida CFO Group in 2019. I earned an MBA in Finance from the University of Detroit. I have served on several non-profit boards and volunteer in several mentoring programs including the Camaraderie Foundation (for transitioning veterans), UCF’s College of Business, and the JA Academy of Entrepreneurship & Leadership.
Professional experience: Leadership, Strategy, Management, Contract Negotiation, Team Building, Executive Management, Strategic Partnerships, Mergers and Acquisitions, Strategic Planning, Process Improvement, Analysis, Budgets, Project Management, Start-ups, Forecasting, Finance, and Strategic Financial Planning.